Nneka is represented by The Naso Group
Contact: Michael Naso 305-682-0564
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism
Freelance Reporter, WCVB-TV (ABC) Hearst Television (Boston, MA) 08/2015-Present
● Pitch story ideas, research, conduct interviews, deliver live reports, cover breaking news, maintain relationships with local officials and engage viewers via social media.
Producer, Chronicle on WCVB-TV (ABC) Hearst Television (Boston, MA) 12/2013-Present
● Develop episodes and segments for daily, news magazine show and station website.
● Research, conduct interviews, write 30 minutes of copy, field and post produce, promote shows on social media.
Adjunct Professor, Emerson College (Boston, MA) 09/2014-Present
● Professor of second year course, “The Digital Journalist.” Students learn to use audio and visual media to tell news stories on the web.
● Create a semester syllabus, prepare lectures, assignments, and monitor the class news site.
● Shooting, editing and producing video work for independent clients including weddings and non-profit videos.
Reporter, Multimedia Journalist, Fill-in Anchor, WTNH-TV (ABC) (New Haven, CT) 1/2013-12/2013
● The first multimedia journalist in the station’s history.
● Shot, edited and wrote reports for daily newscasts and station website, wtnh.com.
● Major stories covered include aftermath of Newtown shooting, the Boston Marathon Bombing, and the Blizzard of
Anchor/Multimedia Journalist WPRI-TV (CBS) and Fox Providence (Providence, RI) 09/2008-01/2013
● The station’s first multimedia journalist.
● Spearheaded the station’s efforts to begin promoting stories via Twitter.
● Shot, edited and wrote reports for daily newscasts and station website, wpri.com.
● Anchored weekend evening newscasts, substitute anchor for weekday newscasts.
● Major stories covered include presidential candidate Mitt Romney in Boston on election night 2012, the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis, and Hurricane Sandy 2012.
Reporter, News 10 Now/Time Warner Cable (Syracuse, NY) 2006-2008
● Reported, wrote, shot, edited, and posted stories to station’s website.
Kaiser Family Foundation Fellowship in Health Reporting (New York, NY) 2006
● Wrote and produced oneminute news segments about young adult health issues for Black Entertainment Television’s News Division.
Intern, ABC NEWS (World News Tonight), NY1 News
LANGUAGES AND SKILLS
● Proficient in Spanish
● Proficient knowledge of Website Content Management Systems
● Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
● Expert knowledge of Sony and Panasonic cameras, Avid, FinalCut, Adobe Premiere
Board Member, Association of Black Princeton Alumni
Member, National Association of Black Journalists, Boston Association of Black Journalists