Harvard University, Nieman Foundation for Journalism, Fellowship 2017-2018
Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism M.S, 2006
Princeton University B.A, 2005
Producer, Chronicle on WCVB-TV (ABC) Hearst Television (Boston, MA) 5 12/2013-Present
- Develop 30 minute episodes for daily, news magazine show & station website
- Research potential shows, conduct interviews, manage videographers and editors during production of show, write 30 minutes of copy, field and post produce television shows, promote shows on website and social media.
- Report on-air for WCVB News and Public Affairs show on an at need basis.
Owner/Producer, DoubleN Video (doublenvideo.com) 09/14-Present
- Develop, shoot, and edit promotional videos for small businesses, non-profit organizations and weddings.
- Create social media strategy and video campaigns for clients
Adjunct Professor, Emerson College (Boston, MA) 09/2014-Present
- Professor of second year course, “The Digital Journalist.” Students learn to use audio and visual media to tell news stories on the web and how to use Website Content Management Systems.
Adjunct Professor, New England Institute of Technology (East Greenwich, RI) 2010-2014
- Instructor for first semester course, “Scriptwriting: Writing for Television, Radio, and New Media.”
Reporter/Multimedia journalist, WTNH-TV (ABC) (New Haven, CT) 1/2013-12/2013
- The first multimedia journalist in the station’s history.
- Shot, edited and wrote reports for daily newscasts and station website, wtnh.com.
- Major stories covered include aftermath of Newtown shooting, the Boston Marathon Bombing, and the Blizzard of 2013.
Anchor/Multimedia journalist WPRI-TV (CBS) and Fox Providence (Providence, RI) 09/2008-01/2013
- Spearheaded the station’s efforts to begin promoting stories on Social Media including Twitter and Facebook.
- Shot, edited and wrote reports and anchored daily newscasts and station website, wpri.com.
Reporter, News 10 Now/Time Warner Cable (Syracuse, NY) 2006-2008
- Reported, wrote, shot, edited, and posted stories to station’s website.
Kaiser Family Foundation Fellowship in Health Reporting (New York, NY) 2006
- Wrote and produced one-minute news segments about young adult health issues for Black Entertainment Television’s News Division.
AFFILIATIONS AND AWARDS
Four-time Emmy Nominee, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
Board Member, Association of Black Princeton Alumni 2010-2015
Member, National Association of Black Journalists, Boston Association of Black Journalists 2006-Present
LANGUAGES AND SKILLS
- Proficient in Spanish